This service reduces the cost of mobile calls made within the home zone, and avoids the expense and effort of renting a land-line.
- End-users the application is for
Enables subscribers to use the mobile as a home phone replacement – and still benefit from reduced call charges when making calls from home.
Inside the home zone:
- Inbound: Calls to either the geographic “home” number or to the MSISDN are routed to the mobile
- Outbound: The MSISDN is replaced with the geographic “home” number, and reduced call charges apply
Outside the home zone:
- Inbound: Calls to their MSISDN reach the mobile as usual; Calls to the “home” number are routed to voicemail
- Outbound: The subscriber’s original MSISDN is used for all outbound calls (and normal mobile charges apply).
The same concept may be applied for businesses with "Business Zone".
Related applications include: Business Zone, Multi-Number